Thursday, January 13, 2011

let it snow, etc.

I love the snow

I'm starting to get tired of the shoveling, but still , I love the snow.

When we were kids when it snowed, we would shovel our driveway and then hike around the block asking folks if they wanted us to dig them out. We would make a coupla two three bucks. Walkin' around money. A slurpee and a candy bar and a comic book.

Now, none of these little punks in the neighborhood even go out in the snow! And where I am now the neighborhood is lousy with kids, but none of these little orchids will come out in the snow.

In MY Day..........blah, blah, blah. (fill in your own "in my day anecdote" here)

So ' I'm out there by myself, shovel in hand, walking the heart attack high wire diggin' the truck out of the drifts.

Oh and here's another bit of ol' man whining, How come the plow guy can't get a little bit closer to the curb? I dig out to the end of the driveway and I still have six feet to go. Damnation!

Oh, oh, oh ,oh, here's something else! The guy who lives diagonally across the street is a contractor, so he dug himself out with some heavy equipment. I got a $5.99 K mart snow shovel and he's got a back hoe! A little help maybe? (do you think part of the problem might be that he has lived across the street for 5 years and I can only think to call him "that guy"?, nah can't possibly be me)

So I'll finish the walk go inside and drink some ovaltine and look out the window and dig on Mother Nature as she channels Christo and Jean Claude and blankets the neighborhood.

ps I will admit that I started to write about some other topic of a more personal nature and got a bit overwhelmed- I'll get to it someday

No comments: