Saturday, January 22, 2011

double feature.....

Two random movie thoughts.

Some of the earliest movies were "actualities" a few moments of a train pulling into a station or perhaps people leaving a factory. Simple. The audiences at the time were spellbound.

Oh , how quaint, those silly , silly people so easily entertained.

Doesn't seem all that different from about a billion posts on YouTube, a guy falling off a ladder, a kitten yawning, traffic...........


I keep seeing ads for all the new phones , each with promises of opening doors to the brave new world of information and technology. Nearly all of them trumpet with great pride the fact that you can watch movies, right there on your phone. As a matter of fact one phone had "Avatar" loaded on the phone when you bought it.

Avatar, the epic 3D wide screen sensation, right there on your two inch screen. I'm sorry , but if you watch a movie on your phone, you are not allowed to say you watched that movie.

of course this coming from the guy who still has and uses the first phone he ever bought about 7 years ago. Works fine, holds a charge, I'm keeping it.

My phone does have one oddity though , of which no one can give me an explanation for, when my friend Leia leaves a message, the message usually doesn't reach my phone until the next day. Only Her messages! Where the hell are they for 24 hours?

No comments: