Wednesday, September 1, 2010

when i was a kid......blah blah blah

Way back when in blogland I bemoaned the fact that record stores had vanished overnight. Local independent stores- long gone, then "poof" the big ol' mall stores ,gone. One of my favorite wastes of time had ceased to be. I am still woozy when I go to times square and the virgin store is but a memory. That was a great place to while away a 45 minutes or so.

NOW- it was announced early this week that Barnes and Noble is closing it's Lincoln Center store. This was a bustling place always filled with people. Granted it lacked a bit in the feng shui - it wasn't always easy to navigate ,but still if you had a half hour to kill before a concert or movie, perfection.

I was in Borders the other day- not looking particularly healthy. (the store, not me)

I got a bad feeling about this

No comments: