Saturday, September 11, 2010

curiousity.....

In the house where I live there is a cat.

I always considered my self a dog person but, I like the cat. Maybe he likes me, who knows.

One reason I like the cat- At night when we sleep he will sleep in the same room, close by, usually in a chair. Back in June I was very sick for 24 hours (I get this, whatever the hell it is, every 5 years or so) So I'm lying in bed sweating and moaning and groaning and tossing and turning. When I wake up the next morning the cat was lying on the bed right next to me. I smiled. I'm sure there's some cold logical explanation for this but ,I would like to think the cat wanted to do something to make me feel better.

a second reason- I read that dogs can make about 10 different sounds, a cat can make about 100. A cat catches on rather quickly that conversation is important, I talk- you talk, so a very common occurrence is for cats to engage people in conversation. I meow-you talk, My cat is very talkative in the morning. His most common sound is something that sounds like "NO" My favorite way to start the day is talking to the cat, at first asking him questions where No, would be a reasonable response. This of course leads to questions where No is a wildly inappropriate response.

makes me laugh

No comments: