Tuesday, October 11, 2011

don't judge........


i have always loved this song- one of the highlights of the burt bachrach , hal david songbook. i was tubing the other evening and came across the aretha franklin arrangement-spectacular.

along the side they had a few different Aretha iterations of the song as well as the dionne warwick recording and then there was this one. From Glee. I've never seen the show, much to the chagrin of all the High school kids I work with. I would love it they tell me. Hmm I have a feeling it's just not my cup of tea,besides it would prevent e from obsessing over American Chopper.

If I have watched this clip once, I've watched it a dozen times. I have no Idea what is happening here dramatically , but-

The arrangement is perfect, basically the Aretha version but faster,

The girls are all dancing great, but the tall blonde is dancing in character, like I say, I know nothing about the show , but I can quess a lot about who that girl is.

the dance "phrase" from 57 seconds to 1:o3 is stunning I've watched those six seconds about 20 times

and finally- why is this clip "flipped"? the other versions posted have the letters on the uniforms facing in the right direction, not this one. odd



No comments: