Saturday, June 18, 2011

rock on......

I went to see my nephews band (the Detours) play a gig last night. Tremendous- great sound and a good solid set- all originals!

Amazing to see a young band up on stage with total confidence. No Covers, all new. All Thriller, no filler.

As I watch my mind starts to make connections- His dad is a drummer in a band, his cousins play instruments, his uncles have all played in bands, his grandfather was a guitar player, great grandfather played for years in an Irish band, accordion and penny whistle.

And now there he is up on stage.

I was reminded of a photo I have of him when he was about two years old. He had a big head of curly blond hair- in the photo he looks exactly like my fathers mother, a woman who had passed away a few years before he was born.

Today I was doing some cleaning, some re arranging, some pulling and hauling and I came across some boxes of photos. Old, old, photos- so of course I had to take a break and look thru the pictures. I came across a seventy five year old photo that I had never seen before. It was a picture of my mothers sister, who died as a child, not long after the photo would have been taken. She was the absolute image of my niece. the only difference was the hair color. Otherwise they are identical.

Interesting thing this life