Sunday, June 12, 2011

theory of relativity ( revised)

Indulge me, please.

Everyone has stories about their family or friends or pets. We enjoy telling these stories. 

Many of us enjoy hearing these stories. I will say that overall our enjoyment hinges on how close we are to the weaver of the tale and the subject of same.

If I know your kids, I'll smile and hang on every word.  If not.............

Again, indulge me.

You don't know the cat who shares my house.

In general he is an even tempered fellow, he will sit by the screen door or an open window and watch the world go by. Sometimes another cat will wander by, or a squirrel, even the neighborhood bunny- no reaction. But , when something flies by, a bird , or a bug, or even a plane- he is not happy. The chase is on. I think in general he feels that flying is ostentatious, needlessly showing off. I can't say for certain , he hasn't confided in me, it's just a feeling I get from him.

The other day, a big round bumble bee got in the house. He was so large he could only fly about three feet off the ground. And if i had to describe his speed of flight , I would say he was "strolling"

I feared the worst, surely when the cat walked in , the bee's time was up.

I was in for a surprise, the cat was totally captivated by the bee. He followed him around all morning, just walking behind . When the bee would land and rest, the cat stopped and watched.

After an hour or so the bee discovered an open window (screened) He flew against the screen, the cat sat next to him- finally I walked over and opened the screen. The Bee was on his way. The cat watched him leave and then went back to his regular schedule.

Thank you for your kind attention

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i do not know your cat,
but i am intrigued
by it's nature...
...and your story