Thursday, October 21, 2010

...and it was good

Oh it's a special day tomorrow! I hope I can sleep. I am giddy with anticipation.

The Stop and Shop around the corner from my house re opens tomorrow after six long weeks of remodeling.

I had to go to a different market for six looooong weeks. The aisles were crowded, the selection was poor and the seafood section reeked. Bad.

tommorow I put all that agony behind me.

Isn' it remarkable how the selection in supermarkets has exploded? Is wasn't all that long ago that "salad" was iceberg lettuce and a slice of cellophane wrapped tomato.

Cous cous, balsamic vinegar, orangina, sprouts, greek yogurt, sourdough bread and on and on and on- this stuff wasn't on the shelf years ago.

Now the selection is enough to make you swoon- which I plan on doing tomorrow.


they open at 6am, would I look too needy if I got there right at six? you're right, I'll wait until 6:30

No comments: