Saturday, April 10, 2010

I think I have to sit down

so, I'm meandering along the interweb today, pausing here and there to google a name that has popped into my head (Inger Stevens- lovely actress, tragic life) , spending some time watching a silly video once or twice (standing cat!) , reading a wonderful article by Dick Cavett writing about meeting John Wayne on the set of "Ths Shootist" (and then lo and behold, on TCM today- The Shootist!)

along the digital trail I came upon a quote that just snapped a synapse or two as I read it. It was a quote from Charles Du Bos. I was unfamiliar with Charlie so I went to Wiki -watchee, there was a lil' bit but, not much. I will chase down some more info,

the quote-

"The important thing is this; to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become"

whew- I got light headed just writing the damn thing.

I suspect that most of us read that and say "Of course, I agree entirely! here, here!"

Sure.

of course.......

yeah.....I guess............

Are you ready to take that jump?

"..at any moment....."?

If you need me , I'll be sitting over here in the corner, breathing into a paper bag.

No comments: