Monday, May 9, 2016

Comedy- you fall in a manhole and die. Tragedy- I get a paper cut

Years ago I read an interview with Jorge Posada, the Yankee's catcher, in it he said that his hands were swollen throughout baseball season. Six months a year, swollen hands. Ouch.

I read an interview with Tiki Barber, the football player not the Polynesian Tonsorial Parlor, he compared playing in a professional football game to being involved in a minor car accident. He went on to say that basically he would be bedridden until Thursday. So basically involved in nearly 20 car accidents a year. Ouch.

The other day I fell and broke my left thumb. Owww. I would tell you how, but I told a few people about it and they berated me, telling me the story was too boring. Ouch.

My wee little thumb was swollen for the better part of a week.  amazing how much the lack of a working left thumb impacts the day to day. Holding a thing, grabbing a Whats -it, buttoning a shirt, playing the old guitar. Nothing earth shattering, just a nuisance.

They day after my fall, okay I fell bringing the garbage to the curb! Go ahead mock me! ..... Okay, the next day, I ached all over. Again nothing major just your basic dull ache. One fall. Broken thumb. Full body ache for four days. One fall. Ouch.

Of course in a movie our hero gets beaten by an angry mob, kicked in the ribs repeatedly, thrown off a moving train , all after head butting a vicious ne'er do well. Then he'll sit up, sigh, shake it off and then hi jack a motorcycle and continue the high speed chase that was interrupted by the head butt.

Don't ask me what movie that's from, I'm just trying to create some excitement to make up for the tripping taking out the garbage anecdote. Give a guy a break, just not the other thumb.

Ouch.

No comments: