Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a missive

The other day I was coming out of Stop and Shop with a basket full of groceries and as I was approaching my truck I saw something on the windshield!

A Ticket?!

A "Hey I smashed into your car but I don't have any insurance so I left this note" note?

No, It was a note from someone complimenting me on the selection of bumper stickers festooning the back o' the truck. In particular they were quite smitten with my musical taste.

a quick tour : Levon Helm Studio, Home of the Midnight Ramble
Asleep At The Wheel, Western Swing Ain't Dead, It's Asleep At the Wheel
Bob Dylan
The Fab Faux (the pre eminent Beatle tribute{?} band)
One Punch Nelson (my Brother Rob's Band)
Kings of the Wild Frontier, Rock and Roll, Good and Loud (my nephews and I)

Also: A New York Yankee Logo
READ (from the late Runaway bay Book store)

and a blank spot where someone stole my peace symbol (how low) Who do you think stole it? A Hippie down on his luck but who wanted to spread the good word or a conservative wingnut who felt personally betrayed by me flaunting the cause of peace.

So I thank this admirer of automotive expression for taking a moment out of his/her day to jot down a quick kudo and deliver it to my windshield

next time I'm at Stop and Shop I'll have to get me some Kudos. they're mighty tasty.

No comments: