Tuesday, December 18, 2007

shhh

in the daily news sports section there is a page called americas line. it gives the odds for every and all type of sporting events. you name it, it's there.

on monday they had the odds on the presidential race.

sunday i was visiting my brother in connecticut. it was a lazy morning, breakfast, the paper, and the sunday morning political shows. still a month away from anyone casting a vote.

every word, every move, every hesitation of the "front runners" campaigns are reported on. not only reported on but then analyzed and spun and dissected. any word on any day can spell victory or defeat.

or so we are told- constantly

every expert will tell you that they know what it all means. their insight is all powerful. but when they are proven wrong the next week (or the next day-or five minutes later) they have the perfect defense, they never acknowledge a mistake. move on (as in continue, not the .org) don't look back.

i'm a big boy ,i'll make my own choice thanks. I don't need an expert to cut my meat for me.
i can do it.

so do me a favor and shut up. better yet ,I'll do me a favor and turn you off.

bye-bye*



* with no apologies to john mclaughlin

No comments: