Tuesday, November 27, 2007

caw caw

here's an odd little moment

today i went to do some shopping (at a bookstore if you have to know). I parked my truck and was sitting listening to the end of Tales of the Texas Rangers on radio classics when about 12 crows (magpies) landed on my truck making an unholy racket. they jumped (flew) all over the truck back and forth.

what the....?

I must say i was quite impressed with the fact that i didn't scream like a lil' school girl.small consolation but ,still......

it took a few agonizing moments for me to realize that i had a 20 bag of bird seed in the back of the truck that somehow had developed a small tear.

now here's my question- did the birds smell it? or see it? did they read the package?

mustering my courage (and trying to keep images of suzanne pleshette's fate in "the birds "out of my mind) i climbed out of the truck and gave a few good windmills with my arms ,chasing them off and then took the bag and put it in the cab.

that'll teach 'em.

i'm sure whoever was sitting in their car watching this whole drama had a great anecdote to tell around the dinner table.

No comments: